1776 Eastchester Road
Bronx, NY 10461
Certification Instructions for the Following Products:
Medicare Advantage (MA)
Note: All testing MUST be successfully completed no later than the evening of Wednesday, September 30, 2017, in order to stay appointed with Affinity Health Plan to sell their 2017 Medicare products.
Is AHIP Required?
No. Affinity Health Plan has teamed up with Gorman Sales Sentinel. Gorman Sales Sentinel does accept AHIP in lieu of Gorman Medicare Basics Certification; however, agents must still complete Affinity’s carrier-specific certification on Gorman.
What is the Cost of AHIP?
It costs $175 through the AHIP website.
Can AHIP Be Used for Compliance Credit?
Does Carrier Reimburse for AHIP?
Information is currently unavailable.
Certification Product and Compliance Modules:
Agents will have two chances to pass the compliance (minimum 90 percent) and product tests (minimum 85 percent). If a third chance at testing is needed, agents will have to contact Affinity’s Broker Relations Department so that the Sales Sentinel tool will allow them to take the test a third time.
Is Face-to-Face Training Required?
Are Additional Steps Required for Those Certifying for the First Time Versus Those Who Are Recertifying?
Those who are certifying for the first time must fill out the Registration Form. Agents who are recertifying must update and verify their demographic information on the Registration Form.
Will Certifying for 2018 Allow Me to Sell 2017 Products?
How Do I Retrieve My Username and Password?
Your username and password are both self-assigned during the registration process. Sales Sentinel will automatically use your Social Security Number as your username, but you may choose a different one.
If you forget their username, you may enter your SSN or FEIN instead. If you forget your password, they may click on the “forgot password?” link.
For more assistance, agents can call Sales Sentinel Support at the phone number displayed at the top of Sales Sentinel program or email email@example.com.
Who Do I Contact at Carrier to Confirm Certification?
As you complete the program, status indicators will show your completion of individual program requirements and your overall program completion. Your overall program completion can also be found on the “Home Screen” or main “My Programs” tab under the “Status” column and will be reflected on the “Summary and Print” page. (NOTE: The step for CE proctor form upload may show as “Complete,” however, it may not be if you are in a State that requires a Proctor Form, but you haven’t yet uploaded your form.)
For more assistance throughout the program, agents can contact the Gorman Call Center at 866-298-7114. They are open Monday through Friday from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. EST and Saturday & Sunday 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. EST.
Certification Web Link:
Note: Please use Google Chrome as your browser to avoid any errors.
Navigation Instructions for Certification Portal/Training:
2) Click on the “Don’t have an account? Click here to Register” link.
3) Enter your personal information and complete the Registration Form by entering the requested information in the fields provided. First-time users must complete all required fields marked with an asterisk (*).
4) Click the “Save & Cont.” link.
5) Upon completing the form, you will be automatically directed to your first program step.
Helpful Links for More Assistance:
- Affinity requires a Scope of Appointment (SOA) form to be submitted with an application. They’ll accept an Affinity SOA or a generic, CMS-approved SOA, but they won’t accept another carrier-branded SOA.
- When faxing applications, you may use the SOA as a cover sheet.
- Affinity’s enrollment forms/plan applications can be downloaded athttp://affinitymedicareplan.org/Plans/Enrollment-Information.aspx.
How to Submit Business with Affinity Health Plan:
- Fax: 718-536-3375, Attention: Caronia Chapman
- Email: BrokerRelations@affinityplan.org
- Applications sent via email must be sent secure
- Do NOT send applications directly Emmanuel Mid or Carnoia Chapman
- Applications that are not sent securely or are sent to individual staff members at Affinity Health Plan will NOT be processed
How to Order Supplies for Affinity Health Plan:
Affinity will send Sales Presentation Books and 20 Summary of Benefits to agents within one week of their completion of 2018 certification.
- Ritter can order supplies from Affinity on your behalf through Broker Support.
- The website will verify that you have completed all required certifications.
- There is no maximum number of enrollment kids that you can order.