Note: All inquiries regarding appointments should be directed to Custom Benefit Plans.
Certification Instructions for the Following Products:
- Medicare Advantage (MA)
- Part D
Certification Start Date:
Is AHIP Required?
Yes. It can now be accessed through the Anthem portal.
What is the Cost of AHIP?
The cost of AHIP is a discounted rate of $125 if brokers log into AHIP by using the designated Amerigroup link. If brokers do not use the designated Amerigroup link, they will pay the standard $175 fee.
Can AHIP Be Used for Compliance Credit?
No. Amerigroup has a separate compliance course that is also required.
Does Carrier Reimburse for AHIP?
They reimburse up to $50. Brokers who log into AHIP via the designated Amerigroup link pay a discounted rate of $125.
Certification Product Modules:
- AHIP Medicare Training, including Fraud, Waste & Abuse (FWA)
- Compliance training
- Product training
Additionally, you are required to complete the modules for the products you intend to sell. If you plan on selling Medicare Advantage Prescription Drug (PDP) plans, you must complete the Part D course, as well as the HMO and/or PPO training modules. For selling Special Needs Plans (SNPs), you must complete the SNP, HMO, and Part D training modules.
Note: Agents must complete the PDP certification to be ready to sell Anthem’s MA plans.
Certification Compliance Modules:
- Risk Prevention
- Sales Event Reporting
- Tools for Complaint Selling
Is Face-to-Face Training Required?
Will Certifying for 2016 Allow Me to Sell 2015 Products?
Are Additional Steps Required for Those Certifying for the First Time Versus Those Who Are Recertifying?
Agents certifying for the first time will need to log in as a first-time visitor and create a profile before starting the certification training. Those who are recertifying can log in with their username and password from last year.
How Do I Retrieve My Username and Password?
There are links to assist you if you’ve forgotten either of them.
Who Do I Contact at Carrier to Confirm Certification?
You can contact Agent Support at 800-633-4368.
Alternatively, you can submit questions to the certification site email box. Simply click the “Broker Support” link under the “Contact Us” section and enter your questions. You should receive an email, identifying the products for which you are certified, when your certification is complete. You will also have the ability to print a certificate of completion from the carrier website.
Certification Web Link:
Navigation to Certification Portal
1) Click the “Medicare Advantage and Part D Prescription Drug and Product Certification” link provided here: https://anthem.cmpsystem.com/ext/ahip/login.php
2) Create a profile or log in
- New Agents: Click the gray “First Time Visitor” button to create a new profile.
- Existing agents: Log in with last year’s user ID and password. There are links to assist you if you have forgotten either of them.
3) In the “Access Code” field, key in External-SelfReg (exactly as shown) and click “Submit.” Agents creating a new profile should proceed to Step 4. Existing Agents logging in can skip to Step 7.
4) New Agents will be taken to the “Registration Step 1 of 3” page where the following fields will need to be populated:
a. Last name
b. Date of Birth (mm/dd/yyyy format)
c. Last 4 digits of Social Security Number (SSN)
5) The “Registration Step 2 of 3” page will display. Complete all required fields (marked with a red asterisk):
a. Enter your National Producer Number (NPN)
b. Create a password and reenter it to confirm
c. Enter other required fields, such as email address, company name, phone number, etc.
d. Click “Register”
6) The “Registration Step 3 of 3” page will display confirming your registration and providing you with your username. Be sure to take note of your username. Click “Continue.” New agents proceed to Step 8.
7) Existing Agents: your profile information will be displayed. Please review all fields and update if needed. Click “Update Profile.”
8) Agents will be taken to the Anthem Certification Training Center for their AHIP and Compliance and Product Training.
9) Review the Terms of Service Agreement located above the course modules on the training page. You must agree to the Terms of Service in order to proceed with the courses.
10) Click on the “Compliance training” section. The first course in the Compliance training group will be AHIP Medicare Training. Click the AHIP course title.
11) Click “Yes” when asked to confirm you want to leave the Training Center to go to the AHIP site.
12) Your registration information will carry over from the Anthem Certification Training Center. Complete the AHIP profile registration/verification by entering your password information and agreeing to the site terms of service and privacy statement. Click “Register” (or “Update Profile”).
13) The AHIP site will confirm your username on the next page. Click “Continue to Purchase.”
14) You will be directed to a purchase page.
Note: You will be asked by AHIP for upfront payment at Anthem’s discounted rate of $125.
15) Complete the Billing and Payment information. If the Billing information is the same as your Profile information, check the box “Copy profile information.”
16) Click “Place Order.” You will receive an order confirmation. Click “Go to my courses” to begin.
17) Proceed with the AHIP Medicare Training modules and exam, the AHIP Fraud, Waste & Abuse module and exam, and the CMS Compliance training.
18) You can return to the Anthem Certification Training Center from the AHIP window by clicking the “Return to Anthem” link in the upper right corner of the AHIP training page.
19) Launch remaining courses by opening each track and clicking on the course title. The course will launch right in your training page. Use the white forward or back arrows in the lower right corner of the module to navigate the course.
20) You must complete each course module before you are able to access and complete its assessment.
21) A green check mark will show on the “My Certifications” page next to each module or assessment when it has been successfully completed.
Medicare Advantage enrollment forms must be submitted immediately upon receipt. Once the Medicare beneficiary and you have signed the application, you must Submit the application WITHIN 24 HOURS.
How to Submit Amerigroup Applications:
- Fax: 1-888-638-6943
- When faxing applications, please remember to include the coversheet and Scope of Appointment
- Please ensure you are using a fax cover sheet when submitting applications
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Scan and upload applications