Medicare Sales Support:
- Anthem Blue Cross: 888-209-7839
- Anthem BC/BS, Unicare, BCBSGA & Empire: 800-633-4368
- Broker Services: 800-633-4368
Please contact your Sales & Renewal Executive or Account Service Manager for escalated issues.
Company Portal Links:
Certification Instructions for the Following Products:
- Medicare Advantage (MA)
- Part D
Certification Start Date:
Live (July 1, 2015)
Is AHIP Required?
What is the Cost of AHIP?
It costs $125.
Does Carrier Reimburse for AHIP?
No. However, the carrier offers a discounted rate of $125.
Certification Product Modules:
- AHIP Medicare Training, including Fraud, Waste & Abuse (FWA)
- Compliance training
- Product training
Additionally, you are required to complete the modules for the products you intend to sell. If you intend to sell Medicare Advantage Prescription Drug (MAPD) plans, the Part D course must be completed along with the HMO and/or PPO training. For Special Needs Plans (SNPs), both the HMO and Part D courses must be completed along with the SNP training.
Note: Agents must complete the Prescription Drug Plan (PDP) certification to be ready to sell Anthem’s MA plans.
Certification Compliance Modules:
- Risk Prevention
- Sales Event Reporting
- Tools for Compliant Selling
Is Face-to-Face Training Required?
Will Certifying for 2018 Allow Me to Sell 2017 Products?
Are Additional Steps Required for Those Certifying for the First Time Versus Those Who Are Recertifying?
All new agents will need to log in as a first-time visitor and create a profile before starting the certification training.
How Do I Retrieve My Username and Password?
There are links to assist you if you’ve forgotten either of them.
Who Do I Contact at Carrier to Confirm Certification?
You can submit questions to the certification site email box. Simply click the “Broker Support” link under the “Contact Us” section and enter your questions. You should receive an email, identifying the products for which you are certified, when your certification is complete. You will also have the ability to print a certificate of completion from the carrier website.
For Anthem CA, you can call 888-209-7839. For all other states, contact 800-633-4368.
Certification Web Link:
Navigation to Certification Portal:
1) Click the “Medicare Advantage and Part D Prescription Drug and Product Certification” link provided here: https://anthem.cmpsystem.com/ext/ahip/login.php
2) Logging in or Creating a Profile
- New Agents: Click the gray “First Time Visitor” button to create a new profile.
- Existing agents: Log in with last year’s username and password. There are links to assist you if you have forgotten either of them.
3) In the “Access Code” field, key in External-SelfReg (with hyphen, exactly as shown) and click “Submit.” Agents creating a new profile should proceed to Step 4. Existing Agents logging in can skip to Step 7.
4) New Agents will be taken to the “Registration Step 1 of 3” page where the following fields will need to be populated:
a. Last name
b. Date of Birth (mm/dd/yyyy format)
c. Last 4 digits of Social Security Number (SSN)
5) The “Registration Step 2 of 3” page will display. Complete all required fields (marked with a red asterisk):
a. Enter your National Producer Number (NPN)
b. Create a password and re-enter it to confirm
c. Enter other required fields, such as email address, company name, phone number, etc.
d. Click the “Register” button.
6) The “Registration Step 3 of 3” page will display confirming your registration and providing you with your username. Be sure to make a note of this. Click “Continue.” New agents proceed to Step 8.
7) Existing Agents: your profile information will be displayed. Please review all fields and update if needed. Click “Update Profile.”
8) Agents will be taken to the Anthem Certification Training Center for their AHIP and Compliance and Product Training.
9) Review the Terms of Service Agreement located above the course modules on the training page. You must agree to the Terms of Service in order to proceed with the courses.
10) Click on the “Compliance training” section. The first course in the Compliance training group will be AHIP Medicare Training. Click the AHIP course title.
11) Click “Yes” when asked to confirm you want to leave the Training Center to go to the AHIP site.
12) Your registration information will carry over from the Anthem Certification Training Center. Complete the AHIP profile registration/verification by entering your password information and agreeing to the site terms of service and privacy statement. Click “Register” (or “Update Profile”).
13) The AHIP site will confirm your username on the next page. Click “Continue to Purchase.”
14) You will be directed to a purchase page.
Note: You will be asked by AHIP for upfront payment at Anthem’s discounted rate of $125.00.
15) Complete the Billing and Payment information. If the Billing information is the same as your Profile information, check the box “Copy profile information.”
16) Click “Place Order.” You will receive an order confirmation. Click “Go to my courses” to begin.
17) Proceed with the AHIP Medicare Training modules and exam, the AHIP Fraud, Waste & Abuse module and exam, and the CMS Compliance training.
18) You can return to the Anthem Certification Training Center from the AHIP window by clicking the “Return to Anthem” link in the upper right corner of the AHIP training page.
19) Launch remaining courses by opening each track and clicking on the course title. The course will launch right in your training page. Use the white forward or back arrows in the lower right corner of the module to navigate the course.
20) You must complete each course module before you are able to access and complete its assessment.
21) A green check mark will show on the “My Certifications” page next to each module or assessment when it has been successfully completed.
- Important Information:Medicare Advantage and Part D enrollment forms must be submitted immediately upon receipt. Once the Medicare beneficiary and agent have signed the application, the agent must submit the application within 24 HOURS. When submitting applications, please remember to include the cover sheet, Scope of Appointment, and completed application.
- How to Submit Anthem Applications: